TL;DR – Scroll down for our FAQ accordion
(🎵 way down in Kokomo 🎶).
Welcome to the BountyMode FAQ. There are a few things you should know. For example…
We were visited by many a nightmare about troubleshooting support while we were creating BountyMode. One such incubus went like so:
Oh no. 😱 We have to face the treacherous labors of troubleshooting support.
People crying “Scam!” — even though we don’t sell anything or take money on this site — each time we don’t respond to a query within all of 2 seconds! Noooooo!
But when you wake up and get some GamerJuice in you after a bad dream, it works wonders. (You should try it for hangovers, too. It’s the stuff of legend, I tell you.)
We just hope you know that we have the best intentions and will sincerely try to work out any issues you may have. Promptly. Oh no, there we went and did it. We used the “P” word. Now we’re definitely in for it. 😨
This FAQ is a work in progress. If you have a question we haven’t answered here, feel free to contact us.
When a bounty reaches its deadline, BountyMode conducts a verification scan of all participating Steam accounts. Winners will then be emailed their rewards.
The verification scan can take up to 48 hours. This is very important to ensure that cheaters are weeded out and true achievement hunters are rewarded.
If you would like to skip the verification scan process, you are encouraged to stream or record your bounty hunt. You may then send us a Twitch, YouTube, Facebook link or other, and we will be in touch to verify this and add you to our bounty hunter whitelist. (Functionality for this feature is still being developed on-site, but feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your video link.)
If you had already unlocked all the tasked achievements for a given bounty, you will not be eligible for that bounty.
If you have not unlocked 1 or more tasked achievements for a given bounty, you are still fully eligible for that bounty.
These rules may vary for certain bounties. Always check the bounty announcement for wild card rules.
If you didn’t receive an email it could be because:
- You actually did not qualify for a bounty. (Check the Bounty Eligibility section.)
- There was an error with the email that you provided.
- You did not complete email verification upon connection to BountyMode.
- You unsubscribed from our mailing list.
- You did not make your Steam account “Public” so your achievements were never scanned.
For any issues regarding emails, simply write to us via email@example.com explaining your issue.
A bounty is a reward or prize offered by BountyMode for unlocking tasked Steam achievements.
A bounty may include single items or a mix of items such as:
- DLCs/Expansion Packs
- Virtual credits
The activity of unlocking curated and tasked Steam achievements on BountyMode is referred to as a “bounty hunt”. The participants of bounty hunts are referred to as bounty hunters.
A legacy bounty hunt is the pursuit of a bounty whose deadline has passed.
You will not qualify for a bounty under any of the following circumstances:
- You cheated.
- You had already unlocked all of the tasked achievements for a given bounty prior to its start.
- You did not join any or all relevant Steam groups required for participation in the bounty hunt (always check the bounty announcement for Steam group prerequisites).
- You did not switch your Steam profile settings to “Public”. (Your Friends List and your Inventory need not be public as we do not collect this information.)